EVIE Sweep is exclusively designed for road sweeping purposes. Road sweeping is a highly mundane, repetitive job that in some situations is safety critical, such as airside at airports to detect, report and remove foreign objects, and on the road network to reduce the risk of punctures and associated collisions or delays.
EVIE has the answer.
EVIE Sweep is an affordable solution to combat the costly, time-consuming process of today’s road sweepers, and it releases no emissions. This project combines EVIE Pod and Elexure to make the UK’s first fully autonomous pure electric, sustainable road sweeper.
EVIE Sweep uses GPS systems to accurately determine its journey and destination, and with our advanced LiDAR/RaDAR sensors, paired with leading Artificial Intelligence technology; it gets there with haste and efficiency, detecting obstacles and planning its own work-arounds. EVIE Sweep is fully autonomous, reducing risk and improving safety. Productivity levels will be boosted in the delivery of these services, and an overall save in cost and time, resulting in better deployment of manpower resources.
- Drive motor regenerative braking
- Fail safe electromagnetic ‘hold off’ motor brake
- Fail safe electromagnetic ‘hold off’ rear wheel brakes
- Safety interlocks between brakes, motor and doors
Chassis, suspension and steering systems
- Fabricated aluminium ‘ladder frame’ lower chassis with structural aluminium honeycomb floor and bulkhead panels
- Separate front and rear aluminium fabricated sub-frames with mountings for suspension, steering, motor/transmission and batteries
- Bumper structure designed to progressively absorb impact energy
- Welded steel tubular upper frame to support exterior and interior bodywork, side doors and front/rear hatches
- Double wishbone suspension front and rear using predominantly aluminium machined wishbones, coil over damper units and standard automotive joints, bearings and bushes
- Rack and pinion steering gear, operated by automotive electric power steering unit
- 13” Wheels with automotive tubeless radial (135x70R13) tyres
Exterior body, doors and glazing
- Body panels constructed in self-coloured ABS with high gloss acrylic capping, GRP or carbon fibre
- Exterior panels bonded to vehicle structure
- Twin leaf plug and slide doors
- Doors actuated by DC motors through reduction gearbox and locking linkage system
- Microprocessor controlled door operation
- Vacuum-formed acrylic ‘quarter window’ glazing, available in varying levels of tint to suit your requirements
- External vehicle operating and warning lights and programable sound generator
Control and guidance
- Autonomous guidance, navigation and control unit using a combination of sensors for navigation
- Condition and performance monitoring of vehicle components and systems
- Automatic Vehicle Protection System to prevent collision between vehicles and infrastructure
- Wireless communication system for 2-way data, passenger communication and command exchange between vehicle and system central control
- Fleet Management System (FMS) available if required
Get In Touch
If you'd prefer to speak to a real human being, go ahead and give us a call instead!